All Toronto–Danforth NDP party members in good standing* are welcome to attend the Riding Association Annual General Meeting being held at the Ralph Thornton Centre (Auditorium, 2nd Floor) at 765 Queen Street East (East of Broadview Avenue). We hope to see you there!
Saturday, February 11, 2017
1:30 to 3:45 p.m. (Registration at 1:00 p.m.)
Ralph Thornton Centre (Auditorium, 2nd Floor)
765 Queen Street East (East of Broadview Avenue)
- Get an update from our elected representatives
- Elect a new Federal/Provincial riding association executive
- Find out how you can get more involved with the NDP locally
- If you have childcare or accessibility needs, please let us know in advance so that we can make the appropriate arrangements.
Download the flyer for more information.
RSVP on Facebook.
* Note, if your membership has lapsed, you can renew your membership for 2017 before the meeting.
Peter Tabuns, MPP, is holding a Tenants Meeting at Bethany Baptist on Wednesday, October 4 at 7 pm.
Join Peter, Councillor Mary Fragadakis, Bhavin Bilimoria from Flemingdon Community Legal Services (the local Ward 29 Legal Aid funded clinic) and Geordie Dent from the Federation of Metro Tenants Association to discuss the increasing demands for renters in Toronto.
In addition, ACORN Toronto and the East Toronto East York Housing Help Centre are to be in attendance.
- End Vacancy Decontrol: Rents control should be based on the unit and not the tenancy.
- Above the Guideline Increases: The current unfair system doesn’t protect tenants and needs to change.
- Landlord Registry
- Landlord tenant board queries
- Tenant organizing
7 – 8:30 pm
Bethany Baptist Church
1041 Pape Ave. at Cosburn
Download the Flyer
Join the Facebook event.
Craig Scott testified September 1 before the Special Committee on Electoral Reform. The testimony is available to view online. In addition to the testimony, Craig submitted a written follow-up to the committee that can be read here.
In 2013, Craig went on a country-wide tour on Electoral Reform with Elizabeth May and Stéphane Dion and has written extensively on improving Canada’s electoral system.
There are Two Town Hall Meetings on Electoral Reform this week that everyone is strongly encourage to attend:
- Toronto-Danforth Town Hall – Wednesday, Sept. 14, 6:30 to 8:30 PM, Calvary Church, 746 Pape Avenue
- Nathan Cullen leads an NDP Town Hall, Sunday, Sept. 18, 2 – 4 PM, Hart House – Music Room, University of Toronto, 7 Hart House Circle
We have the hardest working MPP right here in Toronto-Danforth!
And he’s been fighting for us for the last 10 years – so it’s time to celebrate.
Come join the fun as we thank Peter for his hard work at Queen’s Park and in our community.
Thursday, September 15 at 7 PM – 10 PM
Fox and Fiddle on the Danforth
535 Danforth Ave
Snacks • Fun • Cash Bar
(Tickets are $10 and available from Toronto-Danforth NDP Executives, online at Eventbrite or at the door.)
He’s knocked at all our doors. Gotten ejected from the legislature for seeking the truth. Sat through hundreds of hours of gas plant scandal hearings. And much, much more over the last decade. That’s Peter Tabuns, our MPP.
Show your support by getting a ticket to Peter Tabuns’ 2016 Chinese Banquet Fundraising Appeal on Thursday, June 16 at Dim Sum King Restaurant, 421 Dundas Street West (East of Spadina Avenue). Tickets are $135 and include musical entertainment, auctions and of course, fabulous food. Special guests include Avi Lewis and Parkdale MPP Cheri DiNovo!
Reception starts at 6 pm and dinner is at 7. Reserve your place by calling 647-217-3300 or emailing email@example.com. More details here.
Do it today. Then the next time Peter knocks at your door, you can tell him what a good time you had.
Peter Tabuns, MPP presents the theatre production of Canada in Love performed by Smile Theatre. Admission is free.
Thursday, June 9th, 2 – 3 pm
Riverdale Presbyterian Church
662 Pape Ave (just south of Danforth)
416-461-0223 firstname.lastname@example.org www.petertabuns.ca
HOSTED BY: Peter Tabuns, MPP, Toronto—Danforth and Cheri DiNovo, MPP, Parkdale—High Park
March 29, 2016, 7:00 pm
Bishop Marrocco – Thomas Merton Auditorium
1515 Bloor St. W. at Dundas West
- Avi Lewis, filmmaker, former host on Al Jazeera and the CBC
- Joanna Kerr, Executive Director, Greenpeace
- Katie Krelove, Volunteer Co-ordinator, 350 Toronto
- Fred Hahn, President, CUPE Ontario
- Megan Whitfield, President of Toronto local, CUPW
- Scott Vrooman, Comedian and Writer, Toronto Star, This Hour Has 22 Minutes
- Crystal Sinclair, Organizer, Toronto Idle No More
- Carolyn Egan, Co-Chair, Good Jobs For All
- Bianca Mugyenyi, Outreach Lead, Leap Manifesto
…and many more!
Register for the Town Hall
This event is free, open to the public and all are welcome!
Venue is wheelchair accessible.
We can no longer take small steps… now is the time to leap.
Friday, March 18 – 7:30 pm
St. David’s Anglican Church
49 Donlands Avenue
This engaging documentary follows the staff of a New York pizza franchise as they attempt to unionize while fighting management abuses. A gripping and suspenseful plot becomes heart-warming in its depiction of workers uniting for a common cause. The directors Rachel Lears and Robin Blotnick display the struggle of the workers (many were undocumented immigrants) and the labor rights lawyers who aid them, and widen their perspective to consider economic injustice throughout the service industry.
Followed by a discussion on immigrant’s rights and advocating for a living wage.
Directed by Robin Blotnick & Rachel Lears / US / 2014
1 hr 25 min (85 min)
View the Trailer
Screening is FREE but donations will be gratefully accepted.
Join Andrea Horwath and friends at Danforth/Coxwell Public Library for a neighbourhood meeting to share your thoughts and concerns about the privatization of Hydro One.
On March 01, 2016 at 6:30pm – 9:30pm, Find out about the government’s plans to privatize Hydro One. Learn more about how privatization affects you, and how together we can stop it.