Meeting Date: Saturday, June 19, 2021
Meeting Time starts at 7:00 p.m.
- The meeting will be held virtually over Zoom – you can also call in by phone. You will be provided with a link and dial-in number after you RSVP.
- Speakers: Peter Tabuns (MPP, Toronto–Danforth), Paula Fletcher (City Councillor, Ward 14), and NDP Leader Jagmeet Singh.
- Our Approved Nomination Candidate is Clare Hacksel (she/her), a tireless advocate for reproductive justice and has worked to enable health equity to improve overall outcomes for our community.
- Please note that ASL interpretation will be provided.
- For more information, please contact email@example.com.
- All are welcome to attend the meeting, but only current party members living in the Toronto–Danforth riding can vote, so go here if you want to renew or start your membership.
Meeting Date: May 30, 2019
Meeting Time: 7:00 – 9:00 p.m.
Registration is open from 6:00 – 7:30 p.m.
Voting starts at approximately 7:45 p.m.
Meeting Location: Metropolitan Community Church of Toronto
115 Simpson Avenue
(The venue is accessible)
Brian Thomas Dias – web site – info sheet
Min Sook Lee – web site – info sheet
- Speakers: Peter Tabuns, MPP, Olivia Chow, Jennifer Story, TDSB Trustee and Craig Scott.
- Voter Eligibility: Only individual members in good standing as of April 30 whose ordinary residence is within the riding boundaries are eligible to vote. Members in good standing who maintain their membership in a riding other than the riding in which they live are eligible to vote only in the riding in which they live. It will be necessary for such individuals to provide evidence of their membership. Members in good standing that move into a riding within the 30-day period prior to a nomination meeting are eligible to vote at the meeting provided they can provide confirmation of their ordinary residence.
- Voter ID Requirements: Government-issued documents like an Ontario driver’s licence, passport, Ontario photo card, Ontario health card, Ontario motor vehicle permit, statement of government benefits (child tax benefit, old age security, etc), Any document issued by the Government of Canada, Ontario or a municipality in Ontario or from an agency of such a government, Any document issued by a band council in Ontario. Other acceptable documents that include your name: utility bill (gas, hydro, etc.), cell phone bills, bank/credit card statement, school admissions letter, school transcript/report card, school tuition/fees statement, cancelled personalized cheque, cheque stub, T4 tax slip or pay receipt issued by an employer, CNIB identity card, hospital record/document, insurance policy/statement, loan/agreement with a financial institution, or residential lease, rental or mortgage agreement/statement.
- This is the only voting location. There will be no advance polls. The period for candidate nomination has passed.
- A light snack will be offered as some will be opening their fast at sunset
Directions to MCC Toronto – 115 Simpson Avenue
Driving: Take Howland one block north to Simpson from Gerrard, between Broadview and Logan.
From the King (504) or Dundas (505) streetcars – exit the streetcar at Jack Layton Way (Simpson Avenue is directly across the street.) Walk east on Simpson to the next block and you will find the church on the corner of Simpson and Howland.
From the Gerrard (506) streetcar – Get off the streetcar at Logan Ave. Simpson Avenue is one short block north.
Help get Peter Re-elected for Toronto–Danforth. Stop by the office at 1338 Danforth Ave. It’s open seven-days-a-week. It’s fun volunteering on the campaign, so stop by soon!
CANVASS: Campaigns are a community effort powered by the volunteers. Speaking to neighbours to organize for progressive change is a proud tradition in Toronto-Danforth. Knocking on doors is the best and most efficient way to do that.
MAKE PHONE CALLS: If you are not able to walk about or prefer to speak to voters on the phone, Sarah, our phone bank co-ordinator will be thrilled to have you
DROP FLYERS: For those who like flyering, this is for you. The next two weeks are going to be a challenge to get the good news about Peter out to all the addresses across Toronto–Danforth.
You can call the campaign office at 647.344.1338 or fill out the online volunteer form and someone will get in touch with you. Thanks for considering to do this, and hope to see you soon.
On November 19th, please join NDP members in Toronto-Danforth to nominate our candidate for the upcoming provincial election. We’re very happy to welcome Cheri DiNovo, MPP as the keynote speaker. In addition, Olivia Chow will be speaking.
In this election, the stakes are high! Despite the public outcry to save Hydro One, the Wynne Liberals march forward selling off public assets at the expense of all Ontarians. Only Peter Tabuns and the Ontario NDP are putting forward a progressive plan that helps families.
Bring your friends and family out to hear from our MPP Peter Tabuns at the meeting, fresh from winning NOW Magazine’s title of Toronto’s Best MPP, will seek the Ontario NDP nomination for Toronto–Danforth in the 2018 provincial election.
Where: Jimmie Simpson Recreation Centre, 870 Queen Street East
When: Sunday, November 19, 2017,
2:00 – 4:00 p.m.
Registration begins at 1:30 p.m.
Please come early if you need to renew your membership.
RSVP on the Toronto–Danforth Facebook Pages
Please join NDP members in Toronto-Danforth to nominate our candidate on January 17th. A federal election is scheduled for October 19th, 2015, but there is a growing feeling that Harper may ignore this date and trigger an election as early as this spring. With that in mind, we hope to make this nomination meeting a kick-off to what will be challenging campaign here in Toronto-Danforth.
Bring your friends and family out to hear from our MP Craig Scott and our special guest speaker: Libby Davies, Deputy Leader of the Official Opposition and NDP MP for Vancouver East since 1997. We will welcome several other guests as well to both enlighten and entertain us!
Where: St. John’s Presbyterian Church, 415 Broadview Avenue
Northeast corner of Simpson Avenue and Broadview Avenue
and one block north of Gerrard Street).
When: Saturday, January 17, 2015,
3:00 – 5:00 p.m.
Registration begins at 2:30 p.m.
Please come early if you need to renew your membership.
RSVP on Facebook, and remember to bring a friend!
Help re-elect Peter Tabuns. He’s our MPP.
Join the Toronto-Danforth NDP riding association for a Canvass Blitz this Wednesday (June 4) at 5pm. Meet at the campaign office, 925 Danforth Ave. (at Donlands subway station). We need your help to get out as many canvassers as possible on Wednesday!
Let us know if you can help by phoning the campaign office at 647-350-8400.
*And remember to vote in advance polls–now open!–if you are volunteering on Election Day.
On June 12, we get to show our continued support for Peter by voting for him to continue to represent us here in Toronto-Danforth.
From now until then we need to work to get him re-elected. The campaign office is open and there is coffee and tea. Signs and leaflets are stacked up and waiting. Phones are in and working.
We just need you.
If you do have time to help, now or in the next few weeks, we would really appreciate it. You can drop into the campaign office at 925 Danforth (Donlands) or call 647-350-8400 or email us at PeterTabuns@ontariondp.ca.
If you don’t see Peter in the campaign office, you’ll see him on the streets of Toronto-Danforth.
Many, many thanks for helping re-elect Peter Tabuns. He’s our MPP!
Organizer for Peter Tabuns campaign