ONDP Leader Andrea Horwath has been asking Doug Ford and his government to provide families, child care centres and other organizations with answers to specific questions regarding the COVID-19 situation the province is facing.
The questions are being asked on behalf of Ontarians include:
- Should parents be sending their kids to child care centres, or should those centres close over the next three weeks?
- What compensation will there be for waged workers who miss work to stay home with their children during the school closures?
- What protections will be in place to ensure workers cannot be fired or disciplined for missing work during this period?
- What provisions are being made for the children of health care workers who will be desperately needed during this pandemic?
- What economic supports will be available to small and medium-sized businesses that do the right thing and provide staff with the ability to stay home with their children, or to self-isolate?
- If Ontarians fall behind on their rents or mortgages through no fault of their own, how will they be protected from losing their home?
Thank you, Andrea and the ONDP MPPs for standing up for Ontarians during this difficult period! Read more.
We’re sharing this very informative post from our City Councillor Paula Fletcher about the coronavirus (COVID-19). Please remember to check credible sources for updates and information.
We’re also sharing this webpage from the Canadian Government which includes travel advice.
We can get through this together! 🧡
Due to unforeseen scheduling issues, we regret to inform you that the “Sustainable Cities for All” debate has been cancelled.
To those of you that reserved tickets, we thank you for your interest in the event.
Thanks so much everyone and we are really sorry this went down this way. Please stay tuned as we are still working on bringing you a leadership event later in the summer. 🙁
(And remember if you want to vote in the leadership race, you have to have your membership in order by August 17. Join or renew at: https://secure.ndp.ca/membership_e.php )
The Toronto–Danforth Federal NDP Executive
The Toronto–Danforth NDP Riding Association was
is proud to sponsor a city-focused debate for the candidates running for leader of the Federal New Democrat Party. The theme is: Sustainable Cities for All.
Sunday, June 18
2 – 3:30 pm
Streetcar Crowsnest Theatre
345 Carlaw Avenue
Peter Tabuns, MPP, is holding a Tenants Meeting at Bethany Baptist on Wednesday, October 4 at 7 pm.
Join Peter, Councillor Mary Fragadakis, Bhavin Bilimoria from Flemingdon Community Legal Services (the local Ward 29 Legal Aid funded clinic) and Geordie Dent from the Federation of Metro Tenants Association to discuss the increasing demands for renters in Toronto.
In addition, ACORN Toronto and the East Toronto East York Housing Help Centre are to be in attendance.
- End Vacancy Decontrol: Rents control should be based on the unit and not the tenancy.
- Above the Guideline Increases: The current unfair system doesn’t protect tenants and needs to change.
- Landlord Registry
- Landlord tenant board queries
- Tenant organizing
7 – 8:30 pm
Bethany Baptist Church
1041 Pape Ave. at Cosburn
Download the Flyer
Join the Facebook event.
HOSTED BY: Peter Tabuns, MPP, Toronto—Danforth and Cheri DiNovo, MPP, Parkdale—High Park
March 29, 2016, 7:00 pm
Bishop Marrocco – Thomas Merton Auditorium
1515 Bloor St. W. at Dundas West
- Avi Lewis, filmmaker, former host on Al Jazeera and the CBC
- Joanna Kerr, Executive Director, Greenpeace
- Katie Krelove, Volunteer Co-ordinator, 350 Toronto
- Fred Hahn, President, CUPE Ontario
- Megan Whitfield, President of Toronto local, CUPW
- Scott Vrooman, Comedian and Writer, Toronto Star, This Hour Has 22 Minutes
- Crystal Sinclair, Organizer, Toronto Idle No More
- Carolyn Egan, Co-Chair, Good Jobs For All
- Bianca Mugyenyi, Outreach Lead, Leap Manifesto
…and many more!
Register for the Town Hall
This event is free, open to the public and all are welcome!
Venue is wheelchair accessible.
We can no longer take small steps… now is the time to leap.
Are you and your family concerned about legal resources for Ontarians with Disabilities?
Peter Tabuns, MPP, is hosting a public meeting along with guest speaker Dianne Wintermute, Staff Lawyer ARCH Disability Law Centre.
Get information and learn about your rights on:
- Access to Justice and Legal Capacity
- Services for Persons with Intellectual Disabilities
- Education Law
- Attendant Services
Wednesday, April 22, 2015 6:30 pm – 8:30 pm
WoodGreen Health & Wellness Centre
721 Broadview Ave., Lower Level (south of Danforth Ave.)
Download a flyer for the event
Peter will be holding mobile offices in addition to regular office hours so that he has more opportunities to speak to you individually. Please come and discuss any concerns you may have regarding provincial programs and services. Meeting with constituents in the community and talking about your issues is important to Peter.
MOBILE COMMUNITY OFFICE hours on Saturday, April 11, 2015:
- 10 am – 12 noon at S. Walter Stewart Library, Meeting Room 170 Memorial Park Avenue
- 1:30 pm – 3:30 pm at Gerrard Square, 2nd Floor 1000 Gerrard St. East
Please join NDP members in Toronto-Danforth to nominate our candidate on January 17th. A federal election is scheduled for October 19th, 2015, but there is a growing feeling that Harper may ignore this date and trigger an election as early as this spring. With that in mind, we hope to make this nomination meeting a kick-off to what will be challenging campaign here in Toronto-Danforth.
Bring your friends and family out to hear from our MP Craig Scott and our special guest speaker: Libby Davies, Deputy Leader of the Official Opposition and NDP MP for Vancouver East since 1997. We will welcome several other guests as well to both enlighten and entertain us!
Where: St. John’s Presbyterian Church, 415 Broadview Avenue
Northeast corner of Simpson Avenue and Broadview Avenue
and one block north of Gerrard Street).
When: Saturday, January 17, 2015,
3:00 – 5:00 p.m.
Registration begins at 2:30 p.m.
Please come early if you need to renew your membership.
RSVP on Facebook, and remember to bring a friend!
New Conservative election laws will make it tougher for Canadians to vote – but easier for well-connected insiders to play money politics.
Learn more and sign the NDP petition to fight back: petition.ndp.ca/stand-up-for-canadian-democracy
For those interested in a longer account of this bill as a direct attack on democracy, Toronto-Danforth MP Craig Scott posted about Bill C-23 on his website.