Our MP Julie Dabrusin and the Liberals promised 2015 to be the last unfair election. On Wednesday, Toronto-Danforth, along with the rest of Canada, learned it was all just a lie.
Ms. Dabrusin released a statement yesterday, admitting this key election promise was broken. She refused to apologize, however, for cynically deceiving the people of Toronto-Danforth.
Please read our open letter to Ms. Dabrusin and share widely. Once you are done, open your email, pick up your phone and tell Julie Dabrusin and the Liberals to keep their word and make every vote count.
1180 Danforth Ave Toronto, ON M4J 1M3
Rest assured we will be holding Julie Dabrusin and the Liberals to account for breaking their commitment to Toronto-Danforth.
#electoralreform #TorDan #cdnpoli #ERRE #LPC
The Riding Association will be holding a Resolution and Delegate Selection Meeting for the upcoming New Democratic Party of Ontario Convention being held in Toronto, April 21 – 23, 2017.
Sunday, March 5th, 2017
1:30 – 4:00 p.m. Registration at 1:15 p.m.
Ralph Thornton Centre
765 Queen Street East 3rd Floor
- Anyone wishing to propose a resolution should submit it by Sunday, February 26th. See reverse for details.
- If you would like to be a delegate but can’t make it to the meeting, please email email@example.com prior to the meeting and your name will be put forward.
- There will be gender parity in the selection of delegates to convention
- Only members in good standing may be elected as delegates (To be considered in good standing, a delegate’s membership fees must be paid for 2017.)
- Download the flyer for more details.
All Toronto–Danforth NDP party members in good standing* are welcome to attend the Riding Association Annual General Meeting being held at the Ralph Thornton Centre (Auditorium, 2nd Floor) at 765 Queen Street East (East of Broadview Avenue). We hope to see you there!
Saturday, February 11, 2017
1:30 to 3:45 p.m. (Registration at 1:00 p.m.)
Ralph Thornton Centre (Auditorium, 2nd Floor)
765 Queen Street East (East of Broadview Avenue)
- Get an update from our elected representatives
- Elect a new Federal/Provincial riding association executive
- Find out how you can get more involved with the NDP locally
- If you have childcare or accessibility needs, please let us know in advance so that we can make the appropriate arrangements.
Download the flyer for more information.
RSVP on Facebook.
* Note, if your membership has lapsed, you can renew your membership for 2017 before the meeting.
Peter Tabuns, MPP, is holding a Tenants Meeting at Bethany Baptist on Wednesday, October 4 at 7 pm.
Join Peter, Councillor Mary Fragadakis, Bhavin Bilimoria from Flemingdon Community Legal Services (the local Ward 29 Legal Aid funded clinic) and Geordie Dent from the Federation of Metro Tenants Association to discuss the increasing demands for renters in Toronto.
In addition, ACORN Toronto and the East Toronto East York Housing Help Centre are to be in attendance.
- End Vacancy Decontrol: Rents control should be based on the unit and not the tenancy.
- Above the Guideline Increases: The current unfair system doesn’t protect tenants and needs to change.
- Landlord Registry
- Landlord tenant board queries
- Tenant organizing
7 – 8:30 pm
Bethany Baptist Church
1041 Pape Ave. at Cosburn
Download the Flyer
Join the Facebook event.
Craig Scott testified September 1 before the Special Committee on Electoral Reform. The testimony is available to view online. In addition to the testimony, Craig submitted a written follow-up to the committee that can be read here.
In 2013, Craig went on a country-wide tour on Electoral Reform with Elizabeth May and Stéphane Dion and has written extensively on improving Canada’s electoral system.
There are Two Town Hall Meetings on Electoral Reform this week that everyone is strongly encourage to attend:
- Toronto-Danforth Town Hall – Wednesday, Sept. 14, 6:30 to 8:30 PM, Calvary Church, 746 Pape Avenue
- Nathan Cullen leads an NDP Town Hall, Sunday, Sept. 18, 2 – 4 PM, Hart House – Music Room, University of Toronto, 7 Hart House Circle
We have the hardest working MPP right here in Toronto-Danforth!
And he’s been fighting for us for the last 10 years – so it’s time to celebrate.
Come join the fun as we thank Peter for his hard work at Queen’s Park and in our community.
Thursday, September 15 at 7 PM – 10 PM
Fox and Fiddle on the Danforth
535 Danforth Ave
Snacks • Fun • Cash Bar
(Tickets are $10 and available from Toronto-Danforth NDP Executives, online at Eventbrite or at the door.)
He’s knocked at all our doors. Gotten ejected from the legislature for seeking the truth. Sat through hundreds of hours of gas plant scandal hearings. And much, much more over the last decade. That’s Peter Tabuns, our MPP.
Show your support by getting a ticket to Peter Tabuns’ 2016 Chinese Banquet Fundraising Appeal on Thursday, June 16 at Dim Sum King Restaurant, 421 Dundas Street West (East of Spadina Avenue). Tickets are $135 and include musical entertainment, auctions and of course, fabulous food. Special guests include Avi Lewis and Parkdale MPP Cheri DiNovo!
Reception starts at 6 pm and dinner is at 7. Reserve your place by calling 647-217-3300 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. More details here.
Do it today. Then the next time Peter knocks at your door, you can tell him what a good time you had.
Peter Tabuns, MPP presents the theatre production of Canada in Love performed by Smile Theatre. Admission is free.
Thursday, June 9th, 2 – 3 pm
Riverdale Presbyterian Church
662 Pape Ave (just south of Danforth)
416-461-0223 email@example.com www.petertabuns.ca
HOSTED BY: Peter Tabuns, MPP, Toronto—Danforth and Cheri DiNovo, MPP, Parkdale—High Park
March 29, 2016, 7:00 pm
Bishop Marrocco – Thomas Merton Auditorium
1515 Bloor St. W. at Dundas West
- Avi Lewis, filmmaker, former host on Al Jazeera and the CBC
- Joanna Kerr, Executive Director, Greenpeace
- Katie Krelove, Volunteer Co-ordinator, 350 Toronto
- Fred Hahn, President, CUPE Ontario
- Megan Whitfield, President of Toronto local, CUPW
- Scott Vrooman, Comedian and Writer, Toronto Star, This Hour Has 22 Minutes
- Crystal Sinclair, Organizer, Toronto Idle No More
- Carolyn Egan, Co-Chair, Good Jobs For All
- Bianca Mugyenyi, Outreach Lead, Leap Manifesto
…and many more!
Register for the Town Hall
This event is free, open to the public and all are welcome!
Venue is wheelchair accessible.
We can no longer take small steps… now is the time to leap.